Jenn rants about her job for the first 13 minutes. So skip ahead if you don’t want to hear that. We eventually cover topics such as leadership, managing others, reference letters, challenges of being a working mom, bringing your whole self to work, working/busy too much, life in balance, being addicted to work.
(BTW, my former student DID get the job that I’m referring to with that reference letter part of the conversation!).
- Money & Happiness: http://harvardmagazine.com/2007/01/the-science-of-happiness.html
- Do you provide real references for people? I.e., what do you do about the challenging parts of the person’s skill set?
- Do you have a yearly rhythm of creativity, whatever “creativity” means for you?
- What kind of support do you feel you’re lacking as a working mom? Are you an entrepreneurial mom with distinct support needs you feel are lacking?
- What kind of accommodations would help you (working moms) keep doing your good work?
- Are you honouring your whole brain?
- How is your work-life balance?